27 February 2010

Best of the Decade

It's oh-so-overdue but it's finally here... my lists of the Best Albums of last year, 2009, as well as my Best of the Decade. Have I missed some stuff I'm going to kick myself over? Most definitely, but I didn't want to sit on this any longer.
The list is strictly limited to new releases. A true read of my listening habits in the past decade would show me listening to this kind of stuff about 30 to 40% or the time, with the other 60 to 70% dedicated to older reggae, dub, punk, and African. Check 'em out, check the sound for yourself, and share your bests with me!
BEST RELEASES OF 2009

Lily Allen – It’s Not Me, It’s You

Obits-I Blame You

Japandroids – Post-Nothing

Neon Indian – Psychic Chasms

Pereza-Aviones

Tinariwen – Imidiwan: Companions

BEST RELEASES OF THE DECADE

2008

Deerhoof - Offend Maggie

Ladyhawke – Ladyhawke

TV on the Radio - Dear Science

Hercules & Love Affair

Plantlife – Time Traveler

Q-Tip – the Renaissance

2007

Tinariwen – Aman Iman: Water Is Life

Jarabe de Palo- Adalantando

Greyboy Allstars – What Happened to Television?

2006

Lily Allen-Alright, Still

Fito & Fitipaldis – Por la boca vive el pez

Julieta Venegas – Limon y Sal

2005

Arctic Monkeys – Beneath the Boardwalk

M.I.A. – Arular

Pereza – Animales

Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings – Naturally

2004

the Donnas – Gold Medal

2003

Julieta Venegas – Si

2002

Neil Finn – 7 Worlds Collide

Wilco – Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

2001

Cake – Comfort Eagle

Weezer – Green Album

Bjork – Vespertine

Aterciopelados – Gozo Poderoso

Radiohead - Amnesiac

2000

Regurgitator - …Art

Bjork – Selmasongs

Sleater-Kinney – All Hands on the Bad One

Radiohead – Kid A

ALBUM OF THE DECADE

MGMT - Oracular Spectacular (2008)

No comments: